KEF LS50 Meta Speakers (Mineral White)
KEF030Regular price £999.00
Great loudspeakers disappear, leaving just the music. The award winning LS50 Meta from KEF is such a loudspeaker. The incredibly immersive sound means you lose yourself in your favourite music. Savouring every nuance as layer upon layer of instrumentation is delivered with exceptional acoustic accuracy anywhere in the room.
Designed around the Uni-Q 12th Generation with Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) driver array, this solid, compact loudspeaker is capable of delivering detailed sound anywhere in the room. MAT is a truly revolutionary tool in the KEF acoustic armoury and is a highly complex maze-like structure that absorbs 99% of the unwanted sound from the rear of the driver, eliminating the resulting distortion and providing purer, more natural sound.
The LS50 Meta’s low-diffraction, curved baffle is precision modelled from an injection-moulded Dough Moulding Compound (DMC), while inside the cabinet, cross-bracing and Constrained Layer Damping (CLD) combine to deaden internal vibrations around the Uni-Q driver array. Its smooth curved surfaces help radiate sound out across the baffle without any interference from hard edges, which cause diffraction. The result is cleaner, more precise sound and using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), the port flare and profile of LS50 Meta’s patented off-set port is calculated to delay the onset of turbulence and the flexible port walls prevent resonances from colouring the midrange.
It may look sensational, but as a high-performance loudspeaker, every aspect of the LS50 Meta design is a case of form following function. From the precision modelled curved baffle to the solid, reinforced cabinet, every inch has been designed to perform.
Winner of 'What HiFi? Awards 2020 - Product Of The Year
- Model: LS50 Meta in Mineral White
- Design: 2-way bass reflex
- Unit measurement: Pair
- Sensitivity: 85dB (2.83V/1m)
- Frequency range: 47Hz - 45kHz (-6dB)
- Frequency response: 79Hz-28kHz (±3dB)
- Typical in-room bass response: 26Hz
- Harmonic distortion: <0,4% 175 Hz - 20 kHz, <0,1% 300 Hz - 10 kHz (90DB, 1m)
- Maximum output: 106dB
- Amplifier requirements: 40-100W
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms (min.3.5 Ohms)
- Drive units: Uni-Q Driver Array:
HF: 25 mm (1 in.) vented aluminium dome with Metamaterial Absorption Technology
MF/LF: 130 mm (5.25 in.) aluminium cone
- Crossover frequencies: 2.1kHz
- Product code: SP4027AA
- Weight: (each speaker) 7.8kg
- Dimensions: (each speaker) 30.2cm H x 20cm W x 28.5cm D
KEF Warranty Information:
WARRANTY PERIOD OF 2 TO 5 YEARS
All KEF Products are precision engineered and the Authorised Distributors provide warranty against faulty material and/or workmanship for the following products from the date of original purchase is as follows:
- Passive loudspeakers: 5 years
- Active loudspeakers, Powered subwoofers and Motorised speakers: 2 years
- Wireless speakers, Accessoires and Headphones: 2 years
- Kube8b / Kube10b / Kube12b: 2 years (Driver: 5 years)
WARRANTY COVERAGE AND LIMITATIONS
This warranty is only valid in the country of purchase and only applies to the first purchaser of the KEF product(s) from an Authorised Dealer. This warranty does not extend to any other person or transferee, and terminates if you sell or otherwise transfer the KEF product(s) to another party/entity.
This warranty does not cover any of the following:-
- normal or fair wear and tear and/or any wear from environmental deterioration of the KEF product and/or its components
- mechanical damage or derangement of the KEF product in transit that is not attributable to the fault of the KEF and its Authorised Distributor
- deterioration of any consumable components of the KEF product which would become worn or depleted through use (e.g. batteries)
- any KEF product whose serial number label(s) is/are missing, made illegible, defaced, altered, removed, or damaged
- any KEF product and/or any of its components that is not purchased from an Authorised Dealer/Distributor, including any parallel imports or grey market products
- incorrect or unauthorised components which have been substituted and/or used for the KEF Product;
- any KEF Product and/or any of its components which have been installed, disassembled, repaired, converted, modified, tampered with or otherwise interfered with in any way by any person/entity other than an authorised representative of the KEF and its Authorised Distributors
- any defects, malfunction, loss and/or damages caused by or resulting from any of the following:-
- any of the circumstances set out in (1) - (7) above
- any accident or negligence not caused by the fault of KEF and its Authorised Distributors
- any improper installation or connection of the KEF product (including without limitation any improper connection of the KEF product to improper voltage or power source) not caused by the fault of any of the KEF and its Authorised Distributors
- any improper care, dropping, mishandling, misuse, abuse or unreasonable or improper use, operation or maintenance of the KEF Product
- any operation of the KEF product with any faulty, unsuitable or inappropriate apparatus and/or ancillary equipment
- any use of the KEF Product under abnormal or inappropriate voltage or power surges;
- failure to use, operate or maintain the KEF product in accordance with the instructions set out in the users' manual
- exposure of the KEF product to extreme temperature, heat, water or other liquids, insects, excessive moisture, sand, chemicals, battery leakage or any other contaminants
- any force majeure events, including but not limited to any acts of God, fire, lightning, typhoon, storm, earthquake, hurricane, natural disaster, tsunami, flood, war, riot, public disturbance
- any other causes beyond the reasonable control of either KEF and its Authorised Distributor.
Warranty may vary according to the local legal requirements of the country concerned. Contact your local authorised KEF distributor ("Authorised Distributor/s") for details of specific warranty terms and relevant service procedures. For the list of authorised KEF distributors worldwide, please visit KEF.COM.
This warranty is in addition to, and in no way detracts from, your statutory rights as a consumer under any applicable laws governing this warranty.
If any provision of this warranty is unlawful, void or unenforceable under the applicable laws governing this warranty, that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity of any of the remaining provisions.
Purchase KEF products (including passive loudspeakers, active loudspeakers, powered subwoofers, motorised speakers, electronics and headphones ["KEF products"]) only from dealers ("Authorised Dealer/s") and distributors authorised by KEF in their respective jurisdiction to sell genuine KEF products. Do not entrust repair work to unauthorised persons. The components necessary to maintain the original performance of the KEF products are available only through Authorised Distributors. Warranty is provided only to KEF products purchased from an Authorised Dealer and accompanied by proof of purchase. No warranty is provided to any product and/or any components not purchased from an Authorised Dealer/Distributor. Keep and produce receipt or proof of purchase in the event that service of your product is required. Information such as the date of the original purchase, the name and model number of the product, and the details of the Authorised Dealer must be clearly stated on the relevant receipt or proof of purchase.
The terms and conditions of this warranty may be revised from time to time by KEF and you agree to be bound by the latest terms. Any updates to this warranty will be posted on the official website for KEF products, www.kef.com.
- any loss, damages and/or malfunction caused to any product(s) which is/are connected to any of the KEF products
- any damages, loss and liability (except for any personal injuries or death), whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential special, punitive or otherwise, howsoever caused by, arising out of, or otherwise in relation to the installation, delivery, use, service, repair, replacement and/or maintenance of the KEF product; or
- any damages, loss and liability (except for any personal injuries or death) under this warranty in respect of any act, omission, or negligence of any of their technicians, employees, agents, representatives or independent contractors relating to the actual or purported performance of any of the obligations under this warranty.
Without limiting the above, the maximum liability of the KEF and its Authorised Distributors under this warranty shall not in any event or under any circumstances exceed the actual purchase price paid for the KEF product(s).