Employing a new ultra-stable, direct-drive motor, this is a classically designed turntable with knife-edge tonearm bearings. The TEAC TN-4D is a direct-drive, analogue turntable with an elegant, low-profile design, made possible by the use of a newly-developed brushless DC servo motor.
The new brushless DC motor (with feedback control system) achieves crystal-locked speed stability and smoother rotation while also eliminating cogging. This low-profile motor allowed TEAC to design a plinth that’s extraordinarily sleek and stylish compared to that of most other direct drive turntables. The new tonearm employs knife-edge, pivot-point bearings, developed in collaboration with SAEC Corporation, a world-famous, high-end tonearm manufacturer. The result is an insightful, high-resolution sound quality that tonearms with conventional bearings can’t match. Partnering it is a carefully designed PHONO EQ amplifier that allows you to directly connect the turntable to the line-level inputs of your existing hi-fi system. A high quality NJM8080 op-amp, specially designed for hi-fi applications by New Japan Radio Corporation, is employed to convey the finest of musical detail. Additionally, a USB port on the back panel allows you to digitally archive your vinyl collection via your PC/Mac.
To extract the music from your vinyl, the TN-4D comes with a highly-regarded Oyster MM cartridge from SUMIKO, a legendary American cartridge manufacturer. Noted for its innate musicality, the cartridge comes pre-installed on the headshell at the factory, allowing near ‘plug and play’ operation. The S-shaped tonearm meanwhile allows for quick cartridge/headshell swaps, so users can alter the sound quality by experimenting with different cartridges, if the desire takes them.
- Direct-drive analogue turntable
- Crystal-locked speed stability, thanks to a new brushless DC motor with feedback control
- Die-cast aluminium platter
- Knife-edge, pivot-point tonearm base, designed by high-end tonearm manufacturer SAEC
- Multi-layer piano black finish
- Built-in PHONO EQ amplifier for high-quality sound (PHONO/LINE switchable)
- Audiophile-grade NJM8080 op-amp used in PHONO EQ stage
- Digital recording on PC/Mac via USB digital audio output
- 2-speed drive offering 33-1/3 and 45 rpm
- Gold-plated oxidation-resistant output connectors
- Oyster MM cartridge by SUMIKO
- Shock-absorbing insulating feet
- GND terminal
- RoHS compliant
- Dimensions (cm): 42 W x 11.7 H x 35.6 D
- Weight: 6.1kg
Why Burton Blake?
Since 2012, Burton Blake is the benchmark for timeless brands that add a unique touch of luxury to your life. Every week we add new products to indulge your fancy.